Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Beatles - Rubber Soul


Last week when I was googling Dylan lyrics to send to my friend Larra as a joke that only I thought was funny, I found this article about a song Dylan wrote about John Lennon. It was an interesting read and it mentioned Norwegian Wood which is on this album. I love that song and I haven't heard it for a long time so I pulled this out of the stack and gave it a listen.

It's a good album. It's scratched all to hell. I mean, just awful. Oddly, it plays just fine. So anyway it's a decent album and if I ever find myself in the mood to listen to Norwegian Wood I'll play it again. The rest of the songs on it are okay. None of them are my favorites. It's got In My Life on it which makes my mom cry every time she hears it. But that's not much of a distinction. Lots of things make her cry. Car commercials make her cry.

Anyway: good album, scratched so badly it looks like it was used as a cat toy, plays just fine anyway.

Incidentally, there's probably gonna be a ton of Beatles and Stones on the blog coming up, partially because I want to see which I have more of, and partially because they're all stacked up together and I want to get through them and move on to other stuff.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment