Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Police - Synchronicity


The cover of this one is weird, different from the version I've seen other places. Maybe it's a re-release. At any rate, this was the last studio album the Police ever made together. All solid tracks. I think it's probably safe to attribute the influence of the song Synchronicity II to my later love of the strange and macabre. Pretty sure it was after I first heard that song that I started reading Poe and Lovecraft. I guess I had pretty sophisticated taste in music for a little kid. This came out when I was eight. And even if this is a rerelease, I remember clearly being into the Police as early as fifth grade.

Sophisticated... I mean. Look, I have already copped to the fact that Sting is king of the Tools and all Toollandia. And lines like:
"If we explode the atom bomb,
Would they say that we were dumb."
I mean, look. I'm not claiming the Police are high-art. But I'm totally unashamed of my love of their work. And they beat the entire wardrobe off any of the shit that's new NOW...

Shit. I'm doing old man rant.

Police good. Okay?

Updated Saturday May 10, 2014

I played this about a week ago. I've been so busy with school I haven't had time to do updates. Cleaned up nice. Plays great. Nothing much to add.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment