Saturday, April 26, 2014


Man, I love the Police. The title of this one is fake French intended to mean "white reggae" which is a pretty apt description of the Police. I had no idea that's what it meant when I was a kid. I loved every single thing the Police ever did, and I was also pretty into reggae. Toots and the Maytals, Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, I loved all that shit.

But I never really connected the dots until I met another kid in high school who was also into the Police who gave me a free ticket to a Sting concert (and a ride to the show, that guy was awesome). On the way there we talked about the band and he said they were basically an English reggae band and I realized he was right. I'd been listening to them forever and never even thought of that.

That car ride to the Sting concert at the Garden State Arts Center was also the first time I heard Use Your Illusions. That was an awesome time, back before I realized Sting was a tool.

Yeah. Good times.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment