Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour


This one's in rough shape but it still plays. It looks pretty scratched up but despite that it only skips a few times. It does have some pops though, and there's hissing or static or something through a good part of it. The hiss sound is pretty minor though. You don't hear it unless you listen for it. I think it just comes from the record being old and worn. While playing this one I thought that there might be some problem with the speakers on my crappy stereo. But then I realized that the Beatles were doing something "innovative" with the stereo mixing on the record. It just sounds weird, especially when you're standing near the stereo. Just gets louder and quieter in alternating speakers, and certain instruments only come out of one speaker. But there's nothing wrong with my stereo. There was just something wrong with the Beatles. Be that as it may, this is a great album with some really good songs on it. That's all I got for now. I gotta go to bed because I gotta get up at 5 fucking AM to go to a class I hate because I'm a glutton for fucking punishment. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to sign up for an 8 the fuck AM class? Not the Walrus, that's who. Not the Eggman either. Goo goo ga joob.

I have two copies of this!

I don't know why that is. The cover of the second copy is equally beat up. The platter plays equally well. It's weird.
[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment