Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Muppets - Miss Piggy's Aerobique Exercise Workout Album


This one wasn't even in a cover. I don't remember ever hearing this. It's not my mom's and it's not mine which probably means someone gave it to my sister as a present. To which I have to say, who the fuck gives this kind of shit to a little girl? Aren't they under enough pressure to conform to our society's bullshit standards of beauty? What the fuck was Jim Henson thinking?

I like to picture my eight year old sister opening this, pulling a face, saying, "Thanks. I'm NEVER going to listen to this." Then winging it over her shoulder like a 12-by-12 square throwing star, picking up her Rainbow Brite doll, and walking the fuck out of the room, LIKE A BOSS.

The thought of someone giving this to her as a gift does remind me though, that there was once a time when you could get a large, flat, square present and it MIGHT not be a wall calendar.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment