Saturday, May 3, 2014

Sharing my collection

I still tend to get giddy like a school-kid when I have time to really work on this collection, or when I play something I really like a lot. My friends Ari and Larra are coming over in a little while to hang out. I pulled a couple records I haven't played yet that I thought they might like. I also told them they could paw through the stacks and see if there was anything they wanted to hear.

I'm kind of amped that I get to share this with someone other than Amy, who appreciates how much this means to me and likes some of the music but is nowhere near as into it as I am, and James who depending on his mood either loves it and shakes his little two-year-old booty, or gets sick of it right away and asks me if we can "Stop paying mew-gicks, an watch Dora, peas." Which is cute. But no, no little two-year-old dude, we cannot stop playing music and watch frigging Dora. We cannot.

I mean, yes. Yes, we can.  But DAMMIT.

Anyway Ari and Larra are coming over and we're gonna play Offenbach and Holst and other music old people like, and also if I'm lucky maybe some good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment