Sunday, April 27, 2014

Traffic - When the Eagle Flies


"OH... MY... GOD! You never listened to this album? When the Eagle Flies was the ninth album released by English rock band Traffic, in 1974!"

"Uh-huh. Great."

"It was the final album released by the band until their 1994 reunion Far From Home!"

"So we're doing this again. That it?"

"Dude, how can you not LOVE Capaldi, Rosko Gee, Steve Winwood and Chris Wood?!?"

"I know you're just reading this off wikipedia. You know that, right?"

"Dude, this album uses a broader variety of keyboard instruments than previous Traffic albums, like a Moog and a Mellotron."

"You have never given a fuck about this band. Ever."

"This was their fourth album in the American Top Ten!"

"If I act impressed can we stop?"

"It was a gold album!"

"Neither you nor I actually know what that means! You just think it sounds impressive!"

"I can't believe you don't totally fucking love this band."

And... scene.

Look, I'm sure these guys are great. But this kind of irritating ass conversation is exactly what I was talking about back in that last entry. You get it, right?

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment