Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed



Every single song on this album is incredible. Every single god damned song. Is. Incredible. This may be my favorite find so far.

Updated 5/4/2014
This is probably my favorite Stones album so it's a shame how poorly it plays. I cleaned it up and it's not warped. It doesn't have any visible scratches on it and my needle is good and clean. But it crackles a lot the whole time. Not so bad that it's not listenable. But it's noticeable the entire time. The first song, "Gimme Shelter," is probably my favorite track. The best part of that song is the backing vocal by Merry Clayton. The entire album is great though. It opens in side one with my favorite Stones song and closes side two with "You Can't Always Get What You Want," probably their most famous song. There's a county version of "Honkey Tonk Women" called "Country Honk." The title track is incredible. "Midnight Rambler." "Monkey Man." Almost every song on here belongs on a Rolling Stones greatest hits album. Most of them probably have been. I love this album.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment