Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Little Feat - Dixie Chicken


More Little Feat. I remember the song "Dixie Chicken" so they probably played this album more than the other one. And it went from that weirdo LiMahl to Little Feat so, alphabetical. It's not the first time I've noticed little snippets of alphabetical order in here. That makes sense because I remember my mom keeping them all in alphabetical order. She was uptight about it. So that makes sense. And I guess they got mixed up when she put them in storage (read: "put them in storage" as: "stashed in a damp basement forFUCKINGever"). So it makes sense that they're in weird order over all. But it also makes sense that it goes from LiMahl to Little Feat.

What doesn't make a lick of god damned sense is what the hell LiMahl is doing there in the first place. Who is that guy? What's his deal? My mom has done plenty of weird shit. And she had plenty of music that was not my thing. But at least it was freaking consistent. How the hell did this guy sneak this in there? Was he sneaking around New Hampshire in the 80s, slipping into random homes and sliding copies of his shitty record in between people's copies of Little Feat and Lionel Richie? Can you imagine how much that would piss off Huey Lewis? The whole idea is creepy as fuck but it's the only way I can imagine that synthpop bullshit ending up in my mom's record collection.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment