Saturday, April 26, 2014

Huey Lewis and The News - Sports


I've heard a lot of shit-talk about Huey Lewis lately. Which is weird because I don't think he's even made any music in the last decade or so. Has he done anything recently? I haven't heard it if he has. I kinda figured he was just old and retired and rich now. I dunno. I liked him in the 80s. I'm not gonna claim his music changed the world or anything. His big dumb haircut and his big dumb chin were... big and dumb. But I'm looking at the track list now and it looks pretty good to me. "The Heart of Rock & Roll", "I Want a New Drug", "If This Is It". It was just dumb mindless 80s pop, but so was everything else. It was the fucking 80s. You never hear anybody talking trash about The Fabulous Thunderbirds.

Updated 24 May 2014:

Plays great. No scratches. Needed minor cleaning. Now that I listen to this, I see why people could have learned to hate this. It's still got some nostalgia value for me. But I'm listening to "The Heart of Rock & Roll" right now, and I gotta be honest: it's not doing much for me.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment