Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Mothers of Invention - Fillmore East – June 1971

Ok, story time. I'm not gonna get the details right but it doesn't matter. I heard this story from both my mom and my dad, this is a combination of my poor memory of both versions.

So my dad was a huge fan of the Mothers. My mom was way into the Beatles. They were at a Mothers concert seated up in the balcony. During the show, John Lennon walked out on stage and my mom lost her mind. She jumped up on the railing in front of them screaming, "JOHN! JOHN!" The only thing keeping her from dying was my father who grabbed her ankles and hung on.

I don't know if that was at this show. But this is a live album and according to wikipedia, John and Yoko sat in at this show. So. There you go.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment