Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic

Nah, I don't believe in magic. Know what I believe? I believe this band is a perfect example of why people hate white people. I mean, you know, this and slavery. Anyway, check it. According to wikipedia:

When asked about his band, leader John Sebastian said it sounded like a combination of "Mississippi John Hurt and Chuck Berry", prompting his friend, Fritz Richmond, to suggest the name "Lovin' Spoonful" from a line in Hurt's song, "Coffee Blues".

So these a-holes took this, threw in some of this, and came up with THIS.

The state rests.

Setting aside for a moment, the good time music of the Lovin' Spoonful, what's this on the back?

"This album belongs to me, Sharon Levin - I put a scratch in it and payed you $2.50 for it.-"

Then a red squiggle. Is the red squiggle an autograph? Maybe. She chased the Beatles all the way to Liverpool to get their autographs. But I'm not under the impression she gave that much of a damn about the Lovin' Spoonful. And it's pretty squiggly. Also I'm not that lucky. I'm not a fan of these tools and I'd sell this thing in a heartbeat if it was worth anything. So it's probably not.

But the note. Who the hell is the note to?

"This belongs to me, I put a scratch in it."
Great. It's yours. Scratch it right the fuck up like you did to the rest of your records. Why are you telling me this?

"I paid you $2.50 for it."
One, you paid too much. Two, again, who wants to know this?

If it belonged to you and you put a scratch in it, you already paid for it... I don't understand the context or the purpose of this note. Maybe she was selling it back to a used record place. Maybe she still has it because they didn't want it because she scratched it up. Maybe I'm overthinking this.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment