Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Beatles - HELP!



So what I had been doing was posting the pics and the descriptions and my thoughts and what not in the order that I unpacked them and took their pictures, roughly, more or less. But I got a turntable the other day and I finally got it hooked up. I can't clean them and play them in the order I unpacked them because they don't all have inner sleeves. I don't want to clean them and play them until I can put them away properly and I can't do that without an inner sleeve which they don't all have. I ordered some online but they haven't come yet. What all this needless detail that probably no one is ever going to read amounts to is, now I'm going through them basically at random, pulling albums that look interesting, making sure they're in relatively decent shape, have sleeves, cleaning them, and playing them. So. None of this matters and I should probably delete it but I'm not going to.

Anyway, the first album I cleaned up and played was HELP! by the Beatles which would make my mom proud. I probably ought to tell her. I guess I will eventually. Anyway, it had some minor scratches but it played just fine. The cover had some mildew on it that I cleaned up. I cleaned the album, got it to play. My little boy James loved it. He was going around in circles playing with his trucks humming a little tune while I sat and watched him and listened to the music my parents played when I was his age doing the same thing. I'm all verklempt.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment