Monday, April 28, 2014

The Band - Music From Big Pink


BOOM!

BOOM!

POW!

IF YOU'RE INTO THAT KIND OF THING!

Ah, man, I love this fucking band, The Band. Love them. Just... man I don't even know. I can't even rush home and play this one because there are no sleeves in any of the Band albums I found and you can't buy new sleeves anywhere. You gotta order them online. So I did. And they haven't shipped yet. I'm so excited to be able to play this for my kid. Agh. Man I want to play this. Maybe I can steal a sleeve from Englebert Humperdinck and use it for the Band... that's a great fucking idea. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. Man I'm so excited to get home after class today.

This whole thing, this whole project, is totally awesome. I was walking around all day Sunday grinning like a moron just amped as hell that I got the turntable hooked up and got some of the records to play. Watching my kid dance to the Beatles yesterday made me so happy.

I just love how happy and exuberant and free he is. He just stops whatever he's doing and gets up to dance whenever he feels like it. And messing with these records has made me feel the same way.

I'm so jazzed about this that I don't even care how dorky I look, walking around smiling like a tool all day.

Ahh... this is awesome.

Updated Saturday May 3, 2014
I love this album. I'm playing it now. It had some ugly looking scratches on it but no worse than the other stuff that's played just fine for me so far. Some minor crackling. So far so good. This is a great record. Unlike a lot of the stuff in this collection, the Band is a group I never really stopped listening to. I listen to them all the time. This is a great album. I'm pretty sure I've already said that once or twice because it's a great album.

Oops. Spoke too soon. It has some minor skipping on it at least. Guess I'll see if there's anything worse when I get to side two.

No comments:

Post a Comment