Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska


Yesterday after I picked up the turntable, Steve, that's my brother, and I went to Skinny Dennis, this bar he likes over in Williamsburg. They have good cheap beer, decent music on the jukebox, and the crowd is alright, for the most part. My brother isn't related to my sister, he and I share a dad not a mom (my sister and I are the other way around). So he's got no connection to these albums. But he lives in Jersey City and he likes Brooklyn and we like hanging out so he came with me to get the turntable.

Anyway me and Steve are sitting in Skinny Dennis and Atlantic City by Springsteen comes on. We love that song. Both of us. We grew up together in Jersey, so we're kind of required to. It's a great song. We talked about how much we loved it, how we both think it might be our favorite song by the Boss.

Well one of the records in the collection is Nebraska. So I pulled it out today to see if I could get it to play. For some reason, even though it has an inner sleeve, it wasn't *in* it. So I was worried. But its in good shape. Plays great. Amy is out food shopping (thanks to The Cars) so it's just me and James.

As soon as Atlantic City comes on James puts down his grilled cheese sandwich, climbs down from his chair, and starts swinging his arms and bopping his head and grooving to it. So James is one of us.

Poor kid.

The record cleaned up pretty good but it's a little warped in such a way that the first track on side 2 skips to about a minute into the song no matter what I do. There's also some noticeable popping toward the end of the last song on the second side. The rest of it seems to play just fine.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment