Saturday, August 16, 2014

Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love


Me: "This is really good."
Amy: "Who is it?"
Me: "Roberta Flack."
Amy: "Oh, yeah..."

This was really surprisingly good and not at all what I expected. I think maybe I expected some Billy Ocean bullshit. I'm sorry, mom. But Billy Ocean? Damn. I only had a vague idea that this was R&B. I had heard the name but didn't remember what this music was like. It was pretty awesome. It's chilled out music. It's make-out music. Come to think of it, I probably oughta leave this where I can find it easy...

Anyway, it's a good record. I had no idea who this woman was until I listened to it and looked her up. No idea that she performed the original version of Killing Me Softly, later covered by The Fugees. Didn't know any of that.

So it was in nearly pristine condition out of the sleeve. Dusted it a little. It plays great. Will listen to this one again.

[wikipedia]


No comments:

Post a Comment