Friday, July 4, 2014

Various - Easy Rider (Soundtrack)


This is probably about as patriotic as I'm gonna get today, which is a damned shame because, spoiler alert (as if you need it for a movie that's nearly fifty years old)...


...this is the movie where Captain America gets killed at the end. But at any rate, it's a great fucking soundtrack. The first time I played it there were some nasty skips right in the middle of The Weight which bummed me out, because it's one of my favorite songs by The Band. So I tried cleaning it again, and the second time through it was fine.

It's got a cover of It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) by some dude I never heard of. It's a good cover, and one of my favorite songs by Dylan.

Like I said it's a fantastic soundtrack to a classic movie. Jimi Hendrix, The Byrds, Steppenwolf... The Electric Prunes?

Eh... anyway. Moving right a long. Amy and James are napping so I oughta get on with it and play as many records as I can before I gotta stop and put on Scooby Doo or Thomas the Tank Engine or some shit.

[wikipedia]

By the way, not for nothing, but If Six Was Nine is probably one of the best songs of all time. So it's got that going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment