Friday, July 4, 2014

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited



I was really looking forward to this one, so it's a shame it was so badly scratched. It's the first album I've found that I actually tried to play that, after listening to it, I don't think I'd be able to play again. There's a big ugly nick right in the middle of Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues and other skips and scratches all over the record.

This was the first Dylan album I owned, on CD, and at the time it was my favorite. That didn't change until I got my copy of Bringing It All Back Home which is still my favorite, and which, fortunately, plays just fine.

Still, Highway 61 is a classic and I don't feel like my collection would be complete without a copy, so I'll have to seek one out. At least the jacket is in pretty good shape. I could always frame it and throw it up on the wall.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment