Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

I remember watching this movie with my younger brother Steve when we were both kids. I remember both of us liking it. He's a kind of a punk rock guy now. And I'm a kind of a curmudgeonly ex-punk rock guy now. But don't let either of us fool you. We both listened to this silly all-you-need-is-love bullshit back in the day. This album plays pretty well. Looks scratched as fuck. Plays just fine.

Steve took me to a couple awesome bars in Williamsburg last week. Skinny Dennis which we both like and frequent pretty often, and Extra Fancy which is the best seafood I've had in Brooklyn. Wish we were all there now, me and Steve and Amy and Maureen. Hanging at Extra Fancy, slinging back beers and raw clams. It'd be a good time. I guess the nautical theme makes that little reminiscence appropriate. Maybe not. Either way. It would be a good time.

Bum-ba-bum, Sail the ship, Bum-ba-bum, chop the tree...

Side two of this is the incidental music from the movie and its really badly scratched. It doesn't skip too much but it's barely listenable.

[wikipedia]

No comments:

Post a Comment